Arrow Electric Brad Nailer

I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads up to 1.25", which should be fine for woodworking use, and it seems like it would be a lot simpler than an air nailer. A lot cheaper too.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Reply to
Locutus

I have a similar electric brad nailer that was made by Swingline. I never use it because it doesn't have enough power to drive brads home in anything much harder than balsa wood. Even soft pine gives it problems. In pine the last 1/8" or so of the brad is usually left exposed and must be driven in with a hammer and nail set. It was a gift from a very special person, so I've still got it. Otherwise, it would have hit the trash years ago. I have Porter Cable pneumatic nailers that never fail me. They just aren't quite as portable because they need an air compressor.

Reply to
Charley

It will be a waste of money.

Reply to
Leon

Any of the electric staplers will work with pine (maybe) or cardboard but not hard wood.

We have two of them. I got > I am considering purchasing an Arrow electric brad nailer, it accepts brads

Reply to
william kossack

I agree, it will be a waste of money. I have one, never use it.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

To save gas, just flush the money down the toilet and save a trip to the store.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You'll be a lot happier saving up for even a cheap compresor and nail gun.

Reply to
bf

I've got the Craftsman equivalent. Same problem as Charley. Going pneumatic when I'm able. Cheers Joe

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I have that exact gun. Worthless for hardwood. Buy mine if you need a paper weight.What are you intentions for using it?

Reply to
henry

The work well as a brad starter. Start the brad with the Arrow and drive it home with a hammer.

Reply to
CW

Locutus,

I was involved with the Arrow company at one time and would have to agree with all the other posts. For 99% of all projects it would be useless. Maybe not even that useful. arrow does make a heavier gun that will drive a nail through 3/4" Oak but I don't know who carries it and I would think it retails in the $100.00 range.

Home Depot has a little red air compressor that is set up like one of those black suitcases on wheels with the extended handle to pull it around with. The compressor is $100.00. Buy that and a $20.00 nail gun from HF and you will be very pleased with both. I use the little red compressor to power my framing and roofing nailers also. My compressor is almost two years old and sees pretty heavy use.

Have fun,

Craig

cm

Thanks for the feedback everyone.