Semi OT - Coffee and Woodworking

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14467977 /
Interesting. May explain why I started feeling bad from drinking an occassional cup of coffee after I'd cut way down on my coffee consumption. Nothing quite like sitting in the shop, smelling the sawdust, and drinking a cuppa. I don't drink coffee at all anymore, stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start drinking it again next life maybe.
JOAT Justice was invented by the innocent. Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.
"J T" wrote in message

Just hold out til next week, when there will be another "study" indicating the exact opposite.
Swingman wrote:

There is another one out, same time, different station. It says coffee is good for some conditions, I forget what. My feeling is that these studies are hazardous to your nerves, reading them gives almost anyone the jitters, affects heart rate, and creates excessive irritation of the mental faculties. Thus, I almost never finish reading a study anymore before throwing up my hands, and, by extension flinging the paper or magazine, and screaming, "Bullshit!"
The cardiologist said I 'could/should' have only 1 or two cups a day.
O.K . . .in MY mug. Makes measuring real easy, two ounces absorbed by the grounds - just use a quart measure to fill the coffee maker.
Regards & Enjoy, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {right now I am about to refill my mug with my 'daily blend' - 50-50 Espresso and Lusianne Chicory}

You must remember that nearly all of these studies are done by people getting Grant Money. If you say A and I say B then we both have the basis for another grant to find out which is right and then a grant to refute the new findings. New events in a few years is reason for a new grant to check the results of the old findings. and on and on and on, its called job security.

The only things bad for your health are believing stupid surveys and politicians.
"My burr grinder and my french press"....
"from these cold, dead hands"
100% of the murderers on death row drank milk.
Draw your own conclusions.
I will continue my caffeine enrichment program until a UN resolution tells me otherwise. (Juan Valdez will veto it anyway.)
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:48:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Interesting. I'm a coffee drinker and recently cut back to one mug per day. I got headaches until I get used to less caffeine. My mother had bad heart problems, so I have to watch it but I exercise twice a day, everyday, slightly underweight, eat healthy which I feel is better than any drug.
Phisherman wrote:

Wanna borrow a few pounds. I promise not to dun you for them.

Well there you have it. Cutting down on coffee consumption is the problem.
Resume previous levels of coffee consumption and life will be better.
Nothing quite like sitting in the shop, smelling the

Water is OK if you are thirsty, green tea is rather vile swill that should be avoided if one can get good coffee.
Damn, I just knew I

No it is not too late. Start now. Heck why not roast your own and really have a good cup?
--

__
Roger Shoaf

Important factors in selecting a mate:
Finding the keyboard operational J T entered:

"This was particularly the case when a coffee drinker got little regular exercise or had three or more risk factors for heart disease - such as diabetes, high blood pressure and smoking." Eat healty,excerisize, and don't smoke. Enjoy your coffee. But then again, I'm baised. Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times