SawStop science

< snips >

That one works best for me ! Thanks Jim & everyone else who replied. John T.

hubops

Exactly however I assumed that any path at all was enough to trigger the brake. I have been very careful,so far, to not cut into my aluminum miter gauge fence, something that we all apparently do. ;~) My assumption was that the wet wood would have the same effect as cutting the fence while touching the fence with you hand or finger and or cutting the hot dog while touching the dog with your hand or finger.

In the case of the wet wood there was no brake trip rather after cutting a few inches the saw coasted to a stop repeatedly until I engaged the over ride switch. So there must be some measure of the signal from the blade to a conductive source that decides whether to brake or simply shut down the saw.

Apparently the saw can detect the difference and for that matter I would suspect that the saw top also has the ability to absorb the charge at the blade.

Reply to
Leon

Does your computer have a touchpad? Move the cursor with your finger on the touchpad. Then try it using a piece of plastic or wood. Low capacitance and it doesn't work. Try it with a hotdog held between two pieces of wood. It may or may not work, depending on the sensitivity for capacitance of your touchpad. Same principle.

Reply to
G. Ross

Geez, I don't read the newsgroup for a few days, and look what happens...

Reply to
Larry W