RE: O/T: Phoenix Area

Looks like the crick has risen a little too much, too quick.

Looks like some nasty flooding from a desert rain storm.

Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I was in Detroit on business last week. Getting from the airport out to the Western 'burbs wasn't much fun. The roads were flooded right up to the overpasses. Driving the 20mi. on surface streets took a while (wasn't happy about driving them at 11:00 at night, either).

Reply to
krw

About an inch and a half here at the house; some areas around the Valley got up to 5 inches, including areas 30 miles to the north of the city limits signs. Several rescues from cars washed off the road, including some drivers who went around barricades and dared to cross. Got a Stupid Motorist law that'll have those guys paying for somebody saving their hides. Morning rush hour was a mess - thank goodness I'm retired!

Another storm moving in right now (almost 8 pm), lots of thunder out there, and rain coming down.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Here in the Southwest we call those "turd floaters"

-BR

Brewster

And toad stranglers.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Texas

And, next door, California can't seem to buy a drop.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Texas

We had a good rain here in south Georgia. I have a goldfish pond in the back yard. Two of them drowned.

Reply to
G. Ross