Saw Stop would have prevented this

snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Constitution,

public roads has been

right.

You completely misunderstand the purpose, and the importance, of the right to keep and bear arms.

It wasn't created by the courts.

Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Off your meds again, Dave?

Reply to
Doug Miller

-------------------------------------------------- That is TOTAL NRA BULLSHIT.

A background check as well as prohibiting convicted felons and the mentally ill from legitimate firearms possession is NOT banning guns from the general public.

The NRA is lying thru their teeth to manipulate public opinion.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

-------------------------------------------------------- Guess the Dallas DA, his wife and his deputy DA found that out, even though the DA maintained a loaded arsenal in his home.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Once the government gets into controlling guns, it is a slippery slope.

And then you are at the mercy of waiting on local law enforcement to protect you. ================================================================= Who are under no obligation to do so.

Reply to
CW

To be honest Monsanto and their GMO products scares the hell out of me more then the guns.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

-------------------------------------------------- You want an argument, change the subject.

Still remember the DuPont line, "Better living thru chemistry".

Monsanto is just plain scary.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Unfortunate, Lew, there are lots of quotes available on youtube of people like Nancy Pelosi saying their goal is to get rid of publicly owned guns.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 22:46:03 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

"I did own and

"Pretty much" allows for some variable in the statement. So GFY.

Reply to
upscale

Instead of playing your usual bullshit red herring card, try replying with a logical comparison of the value to society between guns ard cars.

Reply to
upscale

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 21:01:58 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

A "truth" which is *ENTIRELY* slanted to their own ends. And, a "truth" that involves coercive manipulation on many, many different levels.

Are you really going to sit there and say that their actions are not dedicated solely to their own benefit?

Reply to
upscale

Unfortunate, Lew, there are lots of quotes available on youtube of people like Nancy Pelosi saying their goal is to get rid of publicly owned guns. ============================================================= Except hers.

Reply to
CW

I'm not going to do your homework for you. If you can find it, on youtube, it's quoted in articles on the internet. Her, Diane Feinstein, Harry Reid, and plenty of state and local government official all stating if they had their way, there would be no privately owned gun in the US.

Reply to
-MIKE-

------------------------------------------------------- Looks like the Dallas DA must have missed it.

Too bad, three people including the DA himself lost their lives do to his screw up.

As far as the NRA is concerned, they are strictly losers.

I can just see Miss Zeh, my middle aged, 2nd grade teacher packing

her .44 while teaching me to write.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

or "I did own and

Nice to see you admit that statement wasn't true.

Reply to
Doug Miller

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:03:56 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Go Fuck Yourself, Asshole.

Reply to
none

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:10:31 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

So you don't believe that the NRA had or has ever had any part or manipulation of your senate?

When a self concerned body of people have very familar control of one of your primary bodies of government, I don't need to look for other examples.

In any event, I'm not American. I didn't grow up with many of the laws and values that Americans have, so I'll never closely agree with some of your opinions on things. The right to gun ownership is one of those things I'll never agree with.

Reply to
none

"Gun control" isn't about controlling guns, or even controlling criminals. It's about government control of law-abiding citizens - the very thing the 2nd Amendment is there to safeguard against. There's your slippery slope.

Reply to
Just Wondering

How do you get background checks for the mentally ill? First, there would have to be a medical diagnosis of mental illness. Many mentally ill people are never diagnosed. Second, there would have to be a central database of those diagnoses, which is impossible with the doctor-patient privilege. Third, how do you distinguish people who while mentally ill represent no danger to themselves or anyone else. Would you restrict their rights too?

Reply to
Just Wondering

apparently, on

Actually, there are military assault weapons on the domestic market, and it is perfectly legal to own them. You have to pay a $200 federal licensing fee, and they are REALLY expensive, but if you wanted to own, say, a military 50 caliber machine gun, or a full auto M16a, you certainly could, all completely legal. I would ask, since such automatic weapons are actually legal and available for private ownership, how often are they used to commit crimes? My guess is just about never. In other words, despite their legality there is no evidence to support an argument that banning them would make society safer.

will banning 30-

Exactly. And if all removable magazines were banned, the bad guys could carry revolvers and speed loaders. If speed loaders were banned, they could carry 4 loaded revolvers.

Reply to
Just Wondering