saving the fingers...

Page 2 of 2

Patience, Dave, patience. When they get enough orders to make it profitable they will make another demo machine to sell, unless the government mandates that everyone must retrofit their saw with the WeenieSaver.
Hmm - brings up a question - if you cook the weenie first will it still stop he blade?
Inquiring minds want to know.

stop
Of course not. At that point, the saw-stop turns into a slice and dice machine suitable for any modern kitchen. Before you can say "Shazzam", your cooked weenie is filleted and spread out like a butterfly pork chop ready for all the accoutrements and garnishes.

I phoned them and they say they could one have delivered in two weeks. Too bad it costs 800 US dollar to deliver to Eastern Canada. Which is just a bit too much.
--
mare

message >

Not surprised considering they're in Oregon. So you're going to have to get creative. Plan a holiday where you fly over there and drive back in a uHaul rental. The savings on the $800 US shipping cost is factored into the cost of the rental and you get a nice cross-continent trip out of it. Hell, if I could halve my age and do something like that, I'd be all over it.