router template guides. . .

any preferences on steel or brass?
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -
SwampBug wrote:

Brass won't rust and discolour wood. Otherwise...
Brass.
any preferences on steel or brass?
--
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Brass!
I've had several instances of the collar coming loose, glad I caught it before it did damage. I've added a small set screw to the collar for the extra piece of mind...
-Bruce
Thanks for the replies, seems there is a consensus. Brass it is. I will look again at ttrackusa.com. They seem to have the nicest looking set -- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

Brass!
I've had several instances of the collar coming loose, glad I caught it before it did damage. I've added a small set screw to the collar for the extra piece of mind...
-Bruce
I use wood guides. I use an overhead pin router. It wears out eventually but it works good and won't hurt your blades.
any preferences on steel or brass?
--
SwampBug
Have had brass & steel unwind from the subbase. Have seen more brass oversized (1.375-1.379") lately too. An oversized ring will not fit in a subbase on-spec. Steel often undersized, occasionally right on. Because an oversized ring will not fit an on-spec plate (like the ones I make) I will not buy brass. Notwithstanding, brass is pretty and won't kill carbide like steel might. Using the hardware at the http://www.patwarner.com/sundries.html link, I can tighten and center to within a couple of thousandths, perhaps a more important factor than material choice.