Router table safety

Page 2 of 2
On 9/4/2013 11:54 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

I have for longer pieces just tilted and moved in. Make sure to tilt so that the turning of the bit forces the wood to the fence, make sure the wood is against the fence.
Or I use a plunge router setup with a fence attached to the workpiece... Either way.
--
Jeff

Good suggestions, all, and thank you. I'm going to try my upcut idea using the router lift. I'm going to build an adjustable clamping device to hold the work along with vertical feather boards. Pix to come.
Larry

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 11:54:42 PM UTC-4, Gramps' shop wrote:

a stopped dado for the box bottom. Pat's advice is never drop a workpiece onto a hot cutter on the router table. This is something I have done ofte n with longer box and drawer sides.

he proper depth, then advance the piece to the stop.

Fixture it, for the project's sake as well as your own. At very least, glue it to a larger, easier to handle board.