Router Lifts

Can anyone recommend a router lift that will fit any type of router. My router is not one of the big names so i haven't been able to find a lift that is suitable so far. Any help would be great
Neil.
You may want to state the make of your router, that may help. You should also check out the current issue of American Woodworker, they show how to make your own. Could work for you.
Jim

I have one of the earlier models of Route-R-Lift from Jessem and love it. The newer versions are probably even better and if your router doesn't fit this, I will be surprised.
http://www.jessem.com/rout_r_lift.htm
Bob S.

Neil Cummins wrote:

Check out the PRL (Pro Router Lift) from Woodpecker.com - Have one and cant complain one bit. It is VERY nice.
Neil Cummins wrote:

Depends on what you have. Most lifts take a round router with ease. Do you have an odd shape? It may be easier to take a lift that holds the larger diameter routers and make your own adapter.
Or buy a new router if you have a cheapie. Why spend $250 to $400 for a lift to raise a second rate router. -- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
There are several routers out there now that have this feature built in. Take the Bosch and Milwaukee routers for instance. In many cases these routers will be about the same price if not cheaper than many of the "router lifts" that on the market. As a benefit, you have an extra router.