Router lift

Being the consumate indecisive procrastinator I'm finally at a point where I have to get to my router table extension for my TS. I decided that since I was not getting around to finding a cabinet shop to laminate a piece of MDF that I'd better buy the MLCS table top, extension and fence for $180. Then, I decided that I needed to get a raizer of some sort and finally found one that looks like it will fit my DeWalt 618 (poor choice because this router novice didn't know how Unpopular they are with accessory companies). So, I find the Rockler/ Jessum FX and it's $180. First question: What other accessories will I need to get started with my new table? Second question: If I can get of my dead derrier and get to a cabinet shop, would buying two sink cutouts and gluing them together for thickness work for a table (might save a couple of bucks over a custom lamination)? Third: Supposing I actually get to the cabinet shop and save the $180 are there any other suggestion (besides "Get a life") other than a nice 30 piece set of bits that you would suggest *in addition to* the suggestions to Q #2 ? TIA for putting up with an aging yutz!

Reply to
C & M

don't get too fancy. your chances of changing your mind about stuff like placement are inversley proportionate to the amount of time spent and directly proportionate to the amount of money spent on the thing. :)

a good mini double square is the killer tool for router table setups.

two sink cutouts will work just fine. if they are big enough, that is. thickness may be an issue, but you'll figure that out.

get 1/2" shank bits, and carbide bits, whenever you can.

make and use featherboards and springboards.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Thanks for the input. I get your drift on the universal law of inverse proportions when it comes to money. I've never see the mini double square. I'll have to do some looking. Thanks again, C

Reply to
C & M