Router lift recommendations

I don't find router noise to be all that bad. I think my Dewalt planer is worse.

So is the space it takes.

No Festering 2200? I bought a lift about five years ago for a router I bought with the intention of leaving in a table. I really like the lift and don't have any intention of replacing the router (subject to tomorrow's whim). The next purchase in this area is going to be a new top. I'm looking to build a new table, perhaps when it gets cooler.

Reply to
krw

Snip people snip- or start top posting.

Reply to
CW

Careful. The top posting crybabies will label you a "troll"

Reply to
Josepi

After getting my Triton I dutifully drilled the hole for the above table adjustment doohickey and tested it out. And then I never used it again. If you changed bits then you might have to change speeds so your hand is under the table anyway. After changing the height, well there's that lock knob to lock, which you might omit doing but there's a lock and I'm going to lock the sucker, so your hand is under the table anyway. You need to get down at eye level to the bit to set the height and while you're doing that there's time to open up a door and get your hand in there... which is faster than retreiving the adjuster doohickey, which has probably fallen off the back of the router table by the time you needed it, and getting it engaged properly anyway. So long story short, totally pointless feature as far as I am concerned, unless your table is designed in a way that makes getting to the underside more difficult than it ought to be.

HOWEVER, the Triton, when the power is off, lets you bring the collet up above the table and locks the spindle by itself. One wrench for bit changes. It usually takes me longer to find the right bit than to change it. That right there is worth the price of admission.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Yes.

No!

Reply to
Steve Turner

Or in your case, a top-posting, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, improperly-configured-Microsoft-Outlook-Express-using f*****ad.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Perhaps a segmented spiral cutter head would help?

Space is usually a luxury but if you gots the room, and the money, a shaper is nice, and the lift awesome.

Makes sense, but, the issue was buying a router lift. If you're going to spend $300 on a lift, then, why not buy another router for less with a built in lift?

Reply to
Jack Stein

Perhaps an induction motor would help. My old Ryobi AP10 portable planer was much louder than my 15" stationary Delta planer.

Exactly!

Reply to
Leon

I already have the router and lift (Jet Xacta Lift, which is a rebadged JessEm Rout-R-Lift). The router is no Festering 2200 but it doesn't need to be.

keithw86

We would need a full sentence to understand your troll properly.

"Steve Turner" wrote in message news:i25qra$59f$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org... Or in your case, a top-posting, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, improperly-configured-Microsoft-Outlook-Express-using f*****ad.

Reply to
Josepi

Many prefer it. Perhaps you need a more advanced reader that can decode more modern posting styles?

Reply to
Josepi

MANY prefer it? Look around you. Nobody top-posts in here. It is rude to top-post. But if you want to pick your nose and scratch your balls at the dinner table, proclaiming it is 'modern' then by all means look like the rudenick you are.

*I* think, however, that you're just a contrary little punk who needs to grow up.
Reply to
Robatoy

Outlook Express on XP is an abortion, it is neither advanced nor modern. You sir, are a tard.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

He's right. Nobody top posts. Doesn't everybody talk like this? You walk out of your house and you see your neighbor, Jim. You: Hey Jim, how's it going? Jim: Hey Jim, how's it going? Great day to be alive. How are you? You: Hey Jim, how's it going? Great day to be alive. How are you? I'm doing great. I'm heading out to the lake for a little boating and swimming. Want to come along? Jim: Hey Jim, how's it going? Great day to be alive. How are you? I'm doing great. I'm heading out to the lake for a little boating and swimming. Want to come along? Sure, you mind if I bring my dog? You: Hey Jim, how's it going? Great day to be alive. How are you? I'm doing great. I'm heading out to the lake for a little boating and swimming. Want to come along? Sure, you mind if I bring my dog? Not a problem, bring him along.

MANY prefer it? Look around you. Nobody top-posts in here. It is rude to top-post. But if you want to pick your nose and scratch your balls at the dinner table, proclaiming it is 'modern' then by all means look like the rudenick you are.

*I* think, however, that you're just a contrary little punk who needs to grow up.
Reply to
CW

Doesn't apply. The newsgroup is for others to read as well, not just a dialogue. The top section brings the other readers up to speed and paves the way for the replies.

Reply to
Robatoy

LOL LOL my my, do go postal, sucker LOL Please be happy I have you hook, line and sinker LOL Just joking, you know, top posting is my little joke on you, I only know how to make these little jokes. I bottom post usually so I can hide very easily from the nasty trolls who haunt my little jokes. I only ask to be wanted for little old joking me LOL Make my joke work for me, I am important, I need to be laughed along with, I am so comical. Please like me and my jokes, or I will be very upset, and make even more little jokes so you jump in as the dumb ass I say, I post, I belief, I wish, you are LOL LOL LOL LOL

[...]

I started that route many times.

I ended up with the Triton 3 1/2 HP router with built in lift. That gave me a router(Hitachi M12V) I didn't need(have five more) so I sold it and offset the cost.

Couldn't be happier.

Jim

Reply to
blackemmons

Get some help. (?? I belief ???)

You are not a worthy adversary.

Reply to
Robatoy

LOL LOL loose the hook in that lip, sucker LOL

Get some help. (?? I belief ???)

You are not a worthy adversary.

Reply to
Josepi

That's your schtick, eh? When somebody points out your plethora of idiotic shortcomings, you "did it all on purpose". Naaa, you ARE the idiot you 'play' to be. Anyway, I have tired of you. Talk to me again after you graduate grade

5.
Reply to
Robatoy