Router lift recommendations

Page 4 of 5

I wouldn't know... but by all means, spare us the details.
Add pictures here
✖
OMG! You have never had "sex"?

✖
On Jul 19, 8:12 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Agreed.
Add pictures here
✖

True but a shaper sounds good, a routers scream is horrendous. I always use my shaper over the router if possible. The main problem is cost of cutters, but I personally don't use all that many different cutters. Straight cutter for patterns and round over bits are most common. Cope and stick cutters are really pricey. I've always wanted to buy a set but what to buy is confusing and I don't build enough doors to go for it.
Having said that, every home wood shop needs at least one router, but not a shaper. A shaper is a luxury in a home shop.
I certainly would spend $300 on a heavy duty router with built in lift like the Triton before spending it on just a lift. If you already have a router, well, now you'd have two, a very good idea in itself.
--
Jack
Obama Care: Efficiency of the DMV, compassion of the IRS!

I don't find router noise to be all that bad. I think my Dewalt planer is worse.

So is the space it takes.

No Festering 2200? I bought a lift about five years ago for a router I bought with the intention of leaving in a table. I really like the lift and don't have any intention of replacing the router (subject to tomorrow's whim). The next purchase in this area is going to be a new top. I'm looking to build a new table, perhaps when it gets cooler.
Add pictures here
✖

Perhaps a segmented spiral cutter head would help?

Space is usually a luxury but if you gots the room, and the money, a shaper is nice, and the lift awesome.

Makes sense, but, the issue was buying a router lift. If you're going to spend $300 on a lift, then, why not buy another router for less with a built in lift?
--
Jack
Got Change: Inconvenient Truth =====> Convenient Lies!

Perhaps an induction motor would help. My old Ryobi AP10 portable planer was much louder than my 15" stationary Delta planer.

Exactly!
Add pictures here
✖

I already have the router and lift (Jet Xacta Lift, which is a rebadged JessEm Rout-R-Lift). The router is no Festering 2200 but it doesn't need to be.
http://www.jessem.com/ROUT-R-LIFT.html
Add pictures here
✖

WAY too much money. Buy a shaper already!
Or one of the above table adjustable routers. There is always this option
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5SzkQTxMvA

Add pictures here
✖
wrote the following:

Cdub, I prefer this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciXplz3SrMk
Why spend THREE GRAND on a Multi-Router?
--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following

Ok. I'm impressed.
Add pictures here
✖

WOW!! And only $14.00 for the Plans!! Definitely go to the web site.
All said, the mother site will likely cost me Hours.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:54:21 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Total cost (with owner already owning a router) is under $100, half the price of one of the overpriced POS lifts.

That's an absolute given. ;)
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711
Add pictures here
✖

Canuckistani no less...
Add pictures here
✖

Canuckistani no less...
------------------------------------------------------------------------ And the plaid shirt was a good touch. Even though it didn't look flannel.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:21:42 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Y'mean "Canuckistani for a change", don'tcha? <duckin', bigtime>
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711
Add pictures here
✖

We have a few talented people up here. Out of 33.5 million population we get lucky sometimes. Like the guy who developed the adhesive that hold igs together. (IgGlue)
I'll be here all week.
Try the veal.
Don't forget to tip your waitress.
Add pictures here
✖
*snip*

To what angle?
Puckdropper

✖
On 18 Jul 2010 20:22:51 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Horizontal, if neither she nor your wife objects.
Add pictures here
✖
On 18 Jul 2010 20:22:51 GMT, Puckdropper

90 degrees, or parallel with the bed, of course.
Add pictures here
✖