Router Cabinet vs Another option

Page 3 of 3

Oh, I added a remote on-off switch - that made it perfect.
I did that as well, but with a slight variation. I used a foot switch (HFT $9.99) and a shorting plug. I built in an electrical box with a duplex outlet and a three-way switch. One of the outlets (A) is switched betwen the three-way and the power and the other (B) is wired in series with the other duplex outlet.
The cheap HFT foot switch is plugged into "B" and the shorting plug is plugged into the foot switch. when the three way is in the "up" position, outlet "A" is energized and anything plugged into it gets power.
When the three-way is in the down position, the power to "A" runs through whatever is connected to "B" (the foot switch) and I can start and stop "whatever is plugged into "A" (the outer) using th efoot switch.
Since I did not re-wired the foot switch itself, I can unplug it, removed the shorting plug and plug a tool into it and use it as designed/intended.

This smacks of a "suicide cord"; dangerous as hell.