Re: Contractor vs Cabinet

On 03 Sep 2003, Bay Area Dave bleated:

only thing I think you should consider is: You MIGHT end up with a > dust collector in the future. then you won't be happy with a TS that > isn't a cabinet saw. Just how much capacity do you need that the Griz > can't handle? Are you just doing the "specsmanship" thing? A 12" TS > is bigger than my Unisaw, too, but I don't NEED one. Focus on > practical issues...

D.J. -

I would take this advice about "practical issues" and "specsmanship" with a 50 lb. block of salt, given that it comes from a guy who thinks he needs a $1500 router table.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Not really. Just scoop it out. I'd say it is less difficult than sweeping it off the floor.

What are you cutting?

I don't have the fence with me so I might be off a bit, but it is about 3

1/2 - 4 inches tall and about the same width. The UHMW plastic sticks up about 3/4 of an inch above the steel tube down the middle. There are plenty of flat/square/parallel surfaces to slide on, drill into or fit tracks to so I'd say it is not difficult at all to make jigs which work with it..

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

Whew, I didn't get it either... You are not green by any chance are you?

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

On 04 Sep 2003, JackD spake unto rec.woodworking:

No, I'm fairly well seasoned, although perhaps a bit warped.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Cramer

OK, just thought I'd check before I split. Bye.

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

We bought the Jet that is a hybrid, a contractor saw in a cabinet. I believe the model number is JT708436K and runs about $999 these days.

We've had ours almost a year and couldn't be happier.

Reply to
andy