Router bits

I'm working on a piece on router bits. Somewhere, I seem to recall seeing a "new" router bit that took inserts similar to those used with shaper cutter heads. IIRC, it was similar to rosette cutters, and had a very limited choice of inserts, though new ones could be ground, as in shaper cutters. I am not interested in changing bearings, changeable stile and rail sets and similar things, but in router bits that take mild steel or carbide tipped inserts to completely change profiles.
Anyone else recall this, or have I finally gone round the bend?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

I think you're thinking of...
http://www.freudtools.com/industrial/cnc_tooling.shtml

cutter
choice
not
similar
Bierce, The

Charlie, you might try Amana and Jesada at these addresses:
http://www.amanatool.com/routerbits_highproduction.htm http://iseek.com/Projects/omnicat5/index.php?cat_id=0 click to see their paper catalog and go to page 34 (at the bottom).
TW
Fantastic. Along with Roy's reminder, I'm all set. Unless someone comes up with more.
Thanks, guys.
IIRC Along with Amana, Jesada was also offering the bits with changeable profiles.

with
Bierce, The

Oups...Just now realized that http://iseek.com/Projects/omnicat5/index.php?cat_id=0 points to Jesada..
CMT just announced same type router bits with changeable cutters.

can't lay hands on it right now, but I believe the 'pricecutter.com' catalog I got a couple of months ago had one of these in it.