Rockler VISA Ripoff

Back in April, I signed up for a Rockler VISA card, which promised a $20 "reward" certificate for every $2000 spent.
Well, it is now 5 months later.
I've had over 3500 points for at least 3 months now. (and yes, I know that balance transfers don't count. These are purchases).
No "reward", no nothing.
Customer service is "looking into it."
I'm not holding my breath.
Any woodworkers receiving this solicitation, avoid this card like the plague. It's a ripoff. My opinion of Rockler has also taken a nosedive since this incident. I know they don't service the cards, but the Rockler name is associated with it.
Gus, I would like to make sure that we do everything to followup properly on this situation from this end. Would you please email me back directly at snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com with your complete name and address info. When you mention that customer service checking into this I do not know if you mean you have contacted the credit card issuing bank's customer service or Rockler's customer service. I want to follow up with our managers to be sure you get the certificate which is overdue to you.
Steve Technical Support Rockler Woodworking and Hardware snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com ___________________________________________________________________ Gus wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com wrote:

I mean Providian customer "service".
Will get details to you via e-mail.
Gus
Sure looks like they're doing their best to stay on top of things for you.
Bob S.

BobS wrote:

The problem is, there are two "theys", Rockler and Providian.
I don't think they play together real well.
Gus
Gus wrote:

I think Providian doesn't play well w/ anybody... :(
Good luck, maybe w/ Rockler also pushing the string will move...
Gus, So far this points program has worked well and the certificates have been sent out regularly. Please do send your name and contact info to me at snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com so we can followup with Providian I have not got your email yet and need to have your information for our manager's to check with Providian on this.
Steve Rockler Woodworking and Hardware snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com
Hey Gus.
I've got an Amazon card that offers the same 1% type rebate. With the variety of good available through amazon these days, I consider it a cash rebate
FWIW my rebate checks come pretty regularly.
-steve

You might want to look at the Citicards Rewards card. Mine offers gift certificates to well known businesses and offers rewards for specific items. The card offers 5 points for Gasoline stations, Grocery stores, and Pharmacies. 1 point for everything else.
Yeah, citi and chase both have cards that give 5% back at gas stations and grocery stores, and 1% everywhere else. But note that on the citi, at least, there is a maximum reward of $250 per year, and you have to call and request the checks. Good luck, Andy

I just signed up for the Citibank card. It has a $300 per year limit on the rewards according to everything I have read.
The Chase card only allows purchases up to I think $300 a month before they quit on the rewards. When on a trip I spend up to $1300 a month on fuel.
Brian Elfert

No reread my comment. I have no limit that I know of. I don't get cash back, I get items of my choice or, Gift certificates to places like, Exxon, Sears, JP Penney, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bed Bath And Beyond, Home Depot, Dillard's, Lord and Taylor, the list goes on and on. So far since March of last year I have redeemed $750 in gift certificates. I order my gift cards on line and typically get the card in 7 to 10 days.
Andy wrote:

Give rockler a chance they seem concerned as they should be.

Even if they do come through as advertised they are still paying 5 times less on gasoline, groceries and drugs when compared to other cards.