Ripmaster guide anyone?

Hello all, While perusing through Lowe's yesterday I came acroos this circular saw guide called the Ripmaster http://www.choiceproductsinc.com/ripmaster.html . Has anyone purchased one and how do you like it? TIA, Gene
--

This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-virus software

I have never used one, but some variations of it. Personally, I went to a metal place and bought a 20 foot length of aluminun 1 x 2 channel. I got 4 straight edges at 8, 6, 4, and 2 foot lengths. With a clamp on both ends of the channel, you can rip almost table saw straight. robo hippy
I think you missed what this thing was. It is nothing more than a rip fence. Just a variation on the little metal ones you get for $5.00 that slip threw a slot in the base plate.

Gene T wrote:

I'd be worried about slight waviness in the cut--there's nothing keeping you going straight other than your own skill.
The ability to cut thin strips is interesting though--that's one disadvantage of the usual straightedge approach.
Chris