Ridgid 12" Sliding Miter Saw

Looking at the Ridgid 12" miter saw. Home Depot in Canada carries it for 799. Looks good. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with this saw? Would you recommend it?
The Home Depot in Austell Georgia just had it marked down to $434 US. It was %599 but they dropped the price on the last three they had. I looked at it but it takes a bench that is almost 48 inches deep to accommodate it. Make sure that you have plenty of shop space.
--
dbchamber at hotmail spam dot com

Remove the spam to reach me
Check out Costco. I think they had the Dewalt slider at a reasonable price, like $800. Saw it in the Red Deer, Alberta store.
Clint

Tony -
I have the old style Ridgid planer and have been happy with it, but for a sliding miter saw and that kind of money, I'd suggest looking at the DeWalt DW708, which I have owned (it got ripped off) it was a great saw.... and the Bosch 4412, which I got to replace the DW. The Bosch has all of the controls up front which is VERY handy. DO check both of these out so you have a better view of what's out there. I think that service would be better w/either of these brands as well. The DW and Bosch make miter cuts with surgical precision...
HTH, YMMV,
John Moorhead Lakeport, CA

Tony. Can only tell you that they are a very good tool company. If I did not already have M Saw would buy theres in a heart beat. HAS