Reswaing on TS is possible

Page 2 of 2
"Greg G." wrote

Nitrile, or latex? Nitriles by Member's Mark from Sam's are bigger, won't tear ... and don't leave that ring in your wallet.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07
Swingman said:

Nitrile? Didn't know they made 'em that way. I do have some nitrile gloves used for finishing. Haven't been in a Sam's Club in 20 years and WalMart only twice in 10 years. Don't carry them in my wallet either - always thought that was a teenager thing. ;-) And since moving back to GA, haven't met anything I would bother with anyway. Which explains the trips to FL, CN, MA, and NY. Literacy, sanity, and a nice ass are requirements in my advancing age. Boy, am I going to pay for that statement...
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

Not meaning to change the subject but if you haven't been in Wal-Mart in a while and you have any need for a small toolbox you might want to drop by--they sell a nice 16 inch for 7 bucks--seems to be made in Israel of all places. Translucent with some colored trim, or solid puke yellow. Stack on top of each other and don't rock, have some parts storage on the lid. The local Wally World got a lot of them in just before Christmas--I got a couple then and wanted another one the other day, so went back and got the last translucent one off the shelf--they were lousy with the puke-yellow ones though. The translucent ones are nice--light coming through the sides that it's easy to find stuff in them. Have a few other models for under 10 bucks, all seem to be decent quality.
<snip>
--John

I wore gloves using my new CMS yesterday. It was about 30F outside, and I was working in an unheated building. I had the ones with the thin cotton top and the latex covered palms. They're not that much bigger than my hand normally, and actually provide better grip.
I figured frozen hands would be worse than the risk incurred from gloves.
Got most the wood cut, time to start assembling my frame for the ice rink. :-)
Puckdropper
marching band.
Yes, using the same face to the fence is important. It is also important to square the faces of the stock on the three sides involved, the two cutting faces and the face against the fence.

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:35:31 -0800 (PST), RayV

Try a real rip blade...

1/8 or 5/32"?
My thin kerf Freud rip blade wanders on deep cuts. No probs if I run the board twice, first cut only 3/4" deep.

Joint the edges of the board square to help it stand up.
Snip

Ok you have my attention, 5/32" kerf? Where do you get that blade? Should be very stable. Or do you mean 3/32" kerf?