Nice Piece of Oak Please

I live in the Hull area and my brother wants to a nice piece of oak for his kitchen window sill to finish his house renovation. It needs to be around 8" by 6'. Anyone know of a wood dealer? Checked the usual places like Yellow pages but nothing which is really strange considering how much wood comes through the Hull docks !.

Many thanks

Ash

Reply to
Ash

Ash,

Have you tried going down to the said docks to see if it can be bought from there?

The reason for asking is that I live around an hour or so away from some docks that used to be used by timber importers, and the firm that I used to work for (many years ago) always bought their timber straight off these docks through the timber merchant based there.

Or you could have a look at this link:

which *may* be of some use to you.

Cash

Reply to