Remote on 2HP Harbor Freight Dust Collector?

Would the 110V Shop Fox or the PSI Long Ranger remote work with the Harbor Freight 100VAC Dust Collector? Each remote states 1.5hp and the Long Ranger states 20amp peak. Any experience using one of these (or another) with the Harbor Freight DC?

HF published specs are below. Motor: 2 HP, 110V, 14 amps, single phase Peak Current: 20amp RPM = 3450 Air flow: 1600 CFM

These specs are often overstated and at least the PSI unit matches the 20amp surge. I was wondering if anyone had hooked one up with no problems.

thanks!

Reply to
trs80

Calling it 2hp doesn't make it 2hp. A cheap 14a motor is something less than 1.5hp; so you ought to be fine.

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
Chuck

Check out the X10 controller. It might be cheaper and more flexible.

I use mine for the DC, compressor, and various overhead lights.

The AM466 module is rated 15A 1/3 HP, but I have them controlling a Jet DC1100C and a Sears 1/2 HP compressor. No problems for a year. I keep wireless remotes at the table saw and workbench by the shop door.

Jim

Reply to
Woodhead

You are on borrowed time; it will go eventually. Which is fine, if they are not too expensive; just regard them as consumables.

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
trs80

I have been using my Long Ranger with my 1.5 HP Penn State DC for over

10 years and it is still going strong. I bought the Long Ranger after converting the DC over to 240 volts. The Long Ranger comes in 120 or 240 volts, but not all DCs are c>Been us>> Would the 110V Shop Fox or the PSI Long Ranger remote work with the Harbor
Reply to
SWDeveloper