news reader for Mac

I would like to know what news readers work with Macintosh? thanks pat

Reply to
patpayne1

I just use thunderbird for email and news groups. -G

Reply to
Mr. G D Geen

I use MT-Newswatcher.

Reply to
GrayFox

I use Thoth, but it's no longer available. Other commonly used ones are Unison, MT-Newswatcher, Hogwasher...

Look here:

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

MT Newswatcher. No bells and whistles..just solid.

Reply to
Robatoy

Here's the third vote for MT Newswatcher.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

I personally use "Thoth". It is a superb Mac newsreader that excells at uploading and downloading. The biggest problem with it is that its' author, Brian Clark, has stopped further development. He is a little on the cranky side. Sort of like the "Joat" of the developers world

The complete list of all currently available Mac news readers can be viewed at

Specifically:

10x

Reply to
10x

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 04:44:10 -0600, 10x wrote (in article ):

I use Hogwasher but there are may others as have been pointed out. You also can use Gnus if you are a fan of the only IDE needed for non-windows computers (Emacs!)

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

I also use MT Newswatcher. It's very solid and almost bullet proof. Is there an equivalent for PCs? I just bought a small laptop to travel with and really miss the ease of reading new groups that I took for granted with my Mac.

Jim

Reply to
JAMES M. PRENDERGAST

I get good results with either PAN or Thunderbird. PAN is actually preferable for browsing graphics groups as it allows mass download of images embedded in the postings. It is a dedicated newsreader, doing one job, but doing it extremely well.

Both work with XP, but I cannot vouch for Vista ... my wifes machine has a gig of ram and a 2.? gigahertz cpu and it runs like chilled molasses next to my much more modest machine running XP. So all bets are off vis-a-vis Vista.

I think Bill Gates left Ballmer holding the bag.

Bill in Detroit