Recommended drill press speeds

I just purchased a Jet 17MF drill press. It has belts that let you run it from 200 rpm to 3200+ rpm. I'd like to find some kind of a resource that tells me the best speeds for wood by drill size and/or material thickness. I did a google search but the recommended websites were so old that they don't exist anymore or have changed their format (e.g., Wood Magazine's website). Does anyone have a current resource you can point me at?
TIA.
Dick Snyder
Look Here:
http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/wood/story/data/203.xml&categoryid=/templatedata/wood/category/data/woodworking_basics_home.xml&page=3
(cut and paste address)
Chap

Surprised you didn't get a "hang on wall" chart with your DP...both Delta's I've bought supplied them on heavy-duty paper stock that I pin to the wall.

I'll go you one better: my ancient Craftsman DP has a speed chart riveted to the side of the head. Makes it pretty tough to misplace. :-)
Yeah. My Delta floor press has one in the flip top right next to the belts.
Bill
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in message wrote:

My Delta's have a chart on the inside cover but that only shows the pulley alignment to achieve a given speed. The chart I'm referring to shows the appropriate speed for each type of drill bit (spade, twist, etc), size of the hole and type of material. That's a full 8 1/2x11 piece of paper. Have to consult that first, then go to the inside cover. .
wrote:

Delta's
wall.
riveted to

Tom Kohlman wrote:

My Ridgid's the same way. I went to the link posted a couple of days ago and downloaded the chart (2 pages 8.5" X 11"), turned them back to back, and laminated them. Now I'm good to go. I thank whoever posted that link.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Doug Miller wrote:

My Crapsman DP has the chart right inside the lid so you can look at it while setting the belts.