Re: Williams & Hussey

I'm also interested on the variable speed control and eliptical jig.

where did you purchace these items and a ball park figure. would be appreciated.

Thanks Shakintom

snipped-for-privacy@f> I've got a W&H molder that I bought about a year ago. I've run probably > 2

0r 3 thousand feet of material through it so far. It's really great > for > doing restoration work or additions where you are trying to match an > existing profile. Just take a small piece of the old molding down, cut > it > off square and trace around it and send it off to have the cutter > ground. > > I bought mine to make new trim for the interior of my home. So far > I've > made some 8" baseboard, 4" casing, 3-1/2" chair rail and 5" backer, and > a 3 > piece built up crown mold. All this was run out of 3/4" MDF. It > looks > great after painting. > > I recently purchased and installed an aftermarket variable speed drive > and > elipticial jig. The variable speed drive makes a huge inprovement in > the > versitility of the machine, and does away the the stupid leaking oil > cup on > the standard feed roller drive. The aftermarket elepticial jig is > much > nicer (but also more expensive, but worth it) than the W&H jig. > > Shop Fox recently came out with a clone of the W&H for about half the > price. > I have seen the sitting side by side and they are VERY similar. I > don't > know if the aftermarket equipment would fit or not, I didn't look that > closely. > > Rick
Reply to
shakintom

Lenny