Re: What do you make and where do you put it?

Page 2 of 2
Actually, I started my "woodworking" hobby when we bought an older house with a simply huge, unfinished attic (10 feet floor to peak). Turned it into a 2nd floor bedroom, playroom, added a dormer bathroom. Learned a lot. Made many mistakes. Wondered why I didn't start with something simple like a sandbox. My realworld job is totally unlike this...
Then I had all those tools and newly acquired hobby skills so....I started reading "Woodsmith" wayyyy back around Issue #5...loved it and got the reprints back to the first issue with the crude butcher block drawings... I don't build anything unless I grok the process entirely, and by then --like a dog-- I've peed all over the design enough to call it "mine."
New House: partition off part of the basement, learn how to install a window in the fresh cut-out in the concrete foundation (I hired *that* out!) and did the insulation, walls, ceilings, closets...etc.
Two 2x8' hobby benches in another corner of the basement for the kids' plastic models, rockets, and fool-around stuff....(pre-computer. Now'days we all LAN-party and shoot aliens anymore)
Custom "typing stand", back when my now-31-yr-old #1 needed one. (he just sold it last year at a garage sale! Does that make me pro?)
Custom two matched night stands with book storage
Custom little wall-mounted magazine rack in the, uh-- "sit room" where I read the magazines....
Custom "entertainment center" about 7 years ago or so...for 25" TV, storage for 80 VHS tapes, nook for the antenna rotator... Gonna have to build an entirely new thing just as soon as that old RCA burns out and we have to upgrade/modernize to 16:9 and Internet feed, with custom storage for the CPU, etc. {Nothing much to watch on cable/broadcast anyway....}
Custom smoked-glass fronted audio cabinet to match the TV thing for my 1980s audio amp and subsequent *tape* and CD players. Guess that'll go, too, in the upgrade.
Custom gun cabinet, 6 long-guns and repositionable shelves (hunting gear storage) with 12 vdc LED lighting ..in process now.
Collapsible table/seating for my sons' (previous) Boy Scout Troop ..also wooden storage boxes for Dutch ovens...and a 12v car battery that was supposed to power the lights inside the Troop's equipment trailer, re-juiced by sunlight. Grew out of the organization soon after, but I saw the trailer last month with the solar panel on the outside, so I ass-u-me it still works.
Utility stuff around my little man-cave shop, garage, back yard, whatever. y'know...puttering. Oh, I just put a new (and upgraded design) top on the really crude router table I got out of "Woodsmith" back when the whole router-thing was new and people were still feeling their way around 'em. (remember the 2-dimensional bits ...before somebody discovered anti-kickback design?)
The typing stand was, maybe, circa 1990. Audio cabinet last year. Not too bad, I guess for my little almost-room-to-turn-around-in shop under the stairs. I still want a real table saw someday....
When the gun cabinet's done, soon, next up will be two sturdy outdoor wooden bench seats that I saw in "Woodsmith" last ?fall? for the back patio.
Oh and there're those coasters my wife's been asking for since...oh....1989..... ;-}}
what do you make and where do you put it?

That's a lot better than making a mess and tracking it into the house. If I'm not careful, I leave a trail of sawdust where ever I go. SWMBO doesn't complain so much now that there is a full bathroom (completely installed by me) adjacent to the woodshop.

LOL...funny enough, I do the same and unfortunately, don't have a separate room to clean off. I have to remember to blow myself off before entering the house.

Do the American thing. Just buy a larger house or rent a self-storage garage. Then if you are really patriotic, complain about your property taxes being too high, join a tea-party and get a cameo on Fox News.