Re: Stripping some chairs.

After building our dining table out of mahogany last year, I was pleased

> with the finishing results. I filled the pores twice , then sprayed 8 coats > of lacquer and rubbed out and waxed. It came out great. I decided that > chairs would be too difficult. So I decided to purchase them. We found > some beautiful mahogany chairs in an antique shop with pinned mortise and > tenon joints. Not much carving on them. However, there are some scratches > and I'm considering refinishing them. Does anyone have any suggestions on a > stripper that does not have MC in it that works well? Thanks in advance. > John

Why not just repair the scratches? If you want the depth, shoot the entire chair after the repairs are made.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

If the finish itself is in good condition and are the color you want, just rub them down with #0000 SW and lacquer thinner. Then shoot with a coat or two of lacquer .

Reply to
ChairMan