Re: SOLID CORE DOOR

Pretty sure I >wouldn't have called it that, but pretty nice.

Nicely done, but it's a 4 panel door, not a solid core. It's sold, but has no core.

Still, I might make a few near that pattern next year to replace the birch crap in our VA house.

The problem there is the pocket door. I hate working on those things.

Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

Not bad information, but I've never considered lumber full of knots to be "straight-grained". Seems to me that the greatest stability would be found using clear pine rather than knotty or some sort of hardwood.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Something else to bear in mind when building a panel door (of any size/type) is to do your glue-up on a *flat* surface. Otherwise you will just build in warp. DAMHIKT

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

the stiles, winding stick- wise. if the whole thing has twist give it a tweak to see if it will come to plane. if not, you may need to shave a bit on the jointery. in any case, don't apply glue until you know that the door will come flat while standing free. forcing the twist out of it with clamps or weights while the glue dries won't work. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

Maybe not, but you can sure force twist into it if your bench isn't flat.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass