RE-SAW???

What egsackly qualifys a band saw to be a re-saw and whats the diffrence. I cut craft wood out of weird and unique peices, Plum, pear, limbs, crotch wood,turning blocks, mostly small stuff up to 8 in wide I do this on an old meat saw that I have converted to wood by adding guides and wood blade the thing weighs 1,200 lb so its solid and has a 28 in clearence with the guide all the way up. 2.5 hsp Is this a Re saw or not and why Would my production and quality improve by moving up to We cut small but a lot and do some on our Portable mill but Im always looking for better or atleast looking at Thank you
burlhunter wrote:

i cant understand a thing when you type in one giant sentence its impossible to read it esp when you use abbrv and have no clue where one starts and one ends i think the best way to get an answer is to write properly so that we all know what you mean tahanks

A Re-Saw is what does what you've adapted yours to do, and is called a "re-saw."
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:11:52 -0500, "burlhunter"

run on sentences on 220 3 phase!
resaw is a type of cut, not a type of saw...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:11:52 -0500, "burlhunter"

A bandsaw is a resaw when it's used to resaw. When it isn't, it isn't, although it's always a bandsaw.
egsackly.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

I would say so.

How good is it at cutting veneers? How thin a piece, and how wide?
That is, if this is important to you.
If you don't care about thin slices, enjoy your saw.
A Re-saw is when you mess up the first time. And have to Re-saw the piece!

I thought it was when you took a 2nd look at the babe in the tight pants..