Re: Raleigh NC -Any good suppliers around Durham ?

How about around Durham? Only places I know of for wood are HD and Lowes. Not what I'd call a great choice.
West Durham Lumber, but expensive. Wilson

How about Raleigh Hardwoods
www.hardwoodgroup.com

Lowes.
Absinthe wrote:

haven't heard of them before, anyone have any pricing info on them?
Absinthe spaketh...

Walk in, drop your pants and bend over.
Raleigh Hardwoods is on the east side of Raleigh about 30 miles from Durham. They'll quote one price over the phone, a different price when you walk in and it'll change again after your truck is loaded; going up each time of course. Capitol City Lumber is closer to Durham, has a better selection and will screw you less than Raleigh Hardwoods.
--
McQualude

nct_buyer spaketh...

Gibsonville isn't too far, you'll pay half as much, get better wood and meet nicer people http://www.hardwoodstore.com/lumber.html
--
McQualude

yep, prices very good. large selection in each species and sometime very wide stock. Last time I was there I needed a bunch of white oak. All of the stock was over 9". Problem is that it will all get ripped down for use in a glider rocker. :-(
All the help there, 2 - 3 people, are very helpful and pleasant to work with. For those that don't have surfacing capability they will plane it there or resaw or straight line rip for a reasonable cost.
I enjoy the smell of the warehouse.
BRuce