Re: Raleigh NC -Any good suppliers around Durham ?

How about around Durham? Only places I know of for wood are HD and Lowes. Not what I'd call a great choice.

Reply to
nct_buyer

Wilson Lamb

How about Raleigh Hardwoods

Absinthe

haven't heard of them before, anyone have any pricing info on them?

Reply to
BRuce

Absinthe spaketh...

Walk in, drop your pants and bend over.

Raleigh Hardwoods is on the east side of Raleigh about 30 miles from Durham. They'll quote one price over the phone, a different price when you walk in and it'll change again after your truck is loaded; going up each time of course. Capitol City Lumber is closer to Durham, has a better selection and will screw you less than Raleigh Hardwoods.

Reply to
McQualude

nct_buyer spaketh...

Gibsonville isn't too far, you'll pay half as much, get better wood and meet nicer people

McQualude

yep, prices very good. large selection in each species and sometime very wide stock. Last time I was there I needed a bunch of white oak. All of the stock was over 9". Problem is that it will all get ripped down for use in a glider rocker. :-(

All the help there, 2 - 3 people, are very helpful and pleasant to work with. For those that don't have surfacing capability they will plane it there or resaw or straight line rip for a reasonable cost.

I enjoy the smell of the warehouse.

BRuce

McQualude wrote:

Reply to