McFeely's is open for business

There are open as far as I have been able to tell.

Reply to
Ramsey

Ditto. . .tho I was hoping they would revamp their site some. Finding what you want there is almost by chance.

Reply to
SwampBug

I know. these folks have a heck of a slection and good products but they don''t put any emphasis on their web page. Maybe they don't understand that the rest of the world is farily computer literate now. Kreg took forever to get off their rears and get a web site. They also lost a LOT of business- I was one of them for years. Ilove their stuff but they simply would NOT have a web page. Said it cost too much.

Reply to
Ramsey

Folks:

Glad to hear that we haven't shut down!

As a previous thread indicated, the power outage that hit New York somehow affected us down in Virginia. The telephone forwarding system and web site were both out of commission last weekend, leading some to question whether we had shut the doors. Believe me, we haven't - we are still going strong, still taking orders for great screws and woodworking supplies and still shipping orders fast.

Thanks for the comments on the web site as well (even though they were not all that complimentary). I hired a new web master earlier this year that is working on the infrastructure to make the site easier to navigate and easier to shop. You may have noticed a redesign some months ago that I believe is a big improvement over the old design. Still, I agree that the site can be more difficult to use than Orvis or MicroWarehouse, for example. But please hang in there with us - we are working hard to make the site easy to use, easy to shop, and easy to navigate.

Thanks,

Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws

Jim Ray

placement, and structure of web

closeouts, etc.... I

for a web developer, or

Keeping a web page would probably not any work at all if they have a working computer inventory system and would hire a web site consultant to set it up properly to being with. It is easy enough to have a "live" website connected to an inventory system. Sure, the downside is that you don't have the opportunity to "design" a special page for every product but the upside is that you don't have to "design" much of anything. Requires adding a few extra elements to the database such as an image but beyond that the effort is minimal.

Reply to
John McGaw

and structure of web

closeouts, etc.... I

a web developer, or

I guess I am missing something. I go to their web site (last night in fact) select, fasteners, flathead, no-corrode, #10, 1.5" and quantity.

Wheres the problem? this is a low tech item with minimal overhead, who needs an amazon.com like site for SCREWS?

I think they do a GREAT job, the web site does what it needs to do and customer service is execelant.

BRuce

Reply to
BRuce

: >

: I guess I am missing something. I go to their web site (last night in : fact) select, fasteners, flathead, no-corrode, #10, 1.5" and quantity. : : Wheres the problem? this is a low tech item with minimal overhead, who : needs an amazon.com like site for SCREWS? : : I think they do a GREAT job, the web site does what it needs to do and : customer service is execelant. : : : BRuce : All it takes is going thru a few pages. I have no problem with it. I'm not in that much of a hurry, and I run across things I've never seen before. Some people like instant answers/gratification/etc...

Reply to
Bob Gramza

A good search engine would be a fair compromise. Still they carry some real specialized hardware and cataloguing to application might be a better 1st level. . .they remind me of my document filing process, , ,everything under "P" for "Paper'! LOL!

Reply to
SwampBug

Easy guys, i never said the site was useless, just poorly layout out. It is only one mans opinion. . .just like every response!. Sheesh!

Reply to
SwampBug

Sililar to mine "P" for "Pile". Just one pile in date order, now I just have to remember the date! :-)

BRuce

Reply to
BRuce

Hey Jim nice web site I have seen a lot worse

question about your sprial racthing screw drivers AKA yankee scrrewdriver (made by another company ) will the model that has the 1/4" hex adaptor bult in accept the ball detent style of bits ? most all 1/4 hex bits I see are ball detent style I am looking for a tapered drill bit with counter sink for pliot holes for screws while I am on the topic of adapting older tools do you have a bit that fits in the old brace and bit that we can use a 1/4" hex bit in

thanks for listening while I highjack this thread WALT K snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
WALT K