Re: Puppies for Powertools... Revisited (long)

$3000 - $1200 = $2800

Better go back and recalculate. 3000 - 1200 = 1800.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

There's one born every minute. Hang onto your wife - she's a keeper. Got you to bite hook, line and sinker. Let us know what kind of tools you get to buy when "the money" comes in. :)

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Fun story. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Submit this one. Popular Woodworking, Reader's Digest, American Way, doesn't matter. This is worth putting into print!

Thanks for the chuckle...

Reply to
patrick conroy

Probably the grizzly 14" band saw and 8" jointer are first. I'm not sure what after that. My miter saw and drill press are fairly weak. The spindle and edge sanders are on the list also. I'll do reviews when i get them. We're moving next week so I have to set up a shop in the garage from scratch. I'm doing it right this time with heat and insulation. :-)

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

The math mistakes don't take much away from a great story. I have a neighbor with a Great Pyrenees female who has had the ACL repair. His job is to keep her off of it for a few more weeks so that it can heal. The dog can EASILY put her paws on my shoulders and look me in the face. Beautiful dog who needs to be on a diet.

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

They might make a difference when it comes time to write a cheque for tools, though. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Nope - I just emailed Andrew Fastow and Scott Sullivan. They assure me Brian's right and you're wrong.

If I can find Dave Duncan, I'll get a third opinion...

Reply to
patrick conroy

Baron von Munchausen concurs with the OP,

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

It was late. And the math was really there for effect. The end result is that it cost more than I made. I would have made money though had my mother in law not claimed three of them.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

You probably have the last laugh - imagine trying to house break three labs!

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

She did it. They're all big now. One of them went to my wife's mother's husband's father, who lives with them in a parent apartment type thing on the first floor. His wife died shortly before he got the puppy. He seems a lot happier now.

This man is also a wood worker, although he's mainly into hand carving. He's in his 80s now. The work he does is really amazing. I'm trying as hard as I can to learn everything from him while I can. Most of what he does is a southwestern theme. Last time I was there, I saw a chess set he carved. The pieces were cowboys and mexicans. He makes his own knives from old straight razors also. I hope to be that good some day.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning