Re: O/T: The Bra

I have a vague feeling I may have heard this here, recently, but what the heck...
Did you hear about the two dislexic guys who walked into a bra?
"Roy Smith" wrote:

There are no new jokes, only stolen ones.
I just pass them on.
Have a 94 year old cousin, she is a great source.
Lew

[...]
FWIW, the German word for bra is "Boesenhalter" -- the literal meaning of which, in colloquial English, is "boob holder" (or, more formally, "bosom holder").
"Doug Miller" wrote:

Maybe so but somehow think my German grandparents, who settled in Indiana would have had no problems with "Holtzemfromfloppen".
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Apparently not working so well for this one: <http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1917596
Yes, it's California.

OMG! I am going to scratch my eyes out... and stick a 2x4 in my ears! That my friend, was painful
markndawoods
Markndawoods wrote:

I hope she's into S&M. Put a gag in her mouth and she's not too bad.
J. Clarke wrote:

That was pretty ugly, but, for any normal male that punished himself enough to go to college, this one brings back fond memories. Those that didn't go to college can see what it was like investing just 3 minutes of your time:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1813834
--
Jack
Jack Stein wrote:

Yeah, that trying to keep one's eyes open during some of those lectures was sometimes a killer.

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 22:31:04 -0600, Mark & Juanita wrote

The local engineering/tech school where it was heard:
The male/female ratio here is about 3:1, but pound for pound it's about even....
-Bruce
Bruce wrote:

Not the case at Georgia Tech, at least not in the late '70s. I remember one of the female students worked summers as an instructor at the Colorado Outward Bound. And while she was a damned fine specimen of womanhood she wasn't the best built in the department.
J. Clarke wrote:

Also not the case for Carnegie Tech, now Carnegie Mellon. They are known for engineering and science but brought in the arts and drama so the nerds had something to look at. Plenty of Hollywood starlets went there, and plenty more wanna bees.
--
Jack
in 109794 20090728 034254 snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Surely that should be "büstenhalter"?
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com says...

Not Boesenhalter (that would be something or someone to hold onto nasty people) but Bstenhalter or Buestenhalter. Essential information, I am sure ... <g>
'Bste' equals bust in English (and that includes statuary) -P.

Heh. Rednecks just call 'em tank tops.
MikeWhy wrote:

No we don't. We call 'em a "challenge" (although, admittedly, not much of one - or two).

Then there was the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lay awake at night, wondering if there was a dog.

Or the rallying cry of dyslexics.
"Dyslexics Untie!"

Hmmm, seem to remember seeing that a while back - with pictures!