RE: O/T: Stihl

Page 2 of 2

There's only two real players in the 1:1 scale model locomotive market... EMD, owned by Caterpiller, and GE. Caterpiller has the free marketing thing down, with the way they place giant logos on their big earth moving equipment. Don't know that I'll ever buy a Cat machine, but certainly think about them from time to time.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015 21:22:09 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

That's about right. Kalifornia (2015) ~= E. Germany (1960)

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/06/19/california-pool-construction-in-drought-could-hit-highest-level-since-2007/

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net says...

What's the matter, did you apply for a job in their marketing department and get turned down?
Remarking once is fine. But you're harping.
On 6/4/2015 5:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

It has been proven with solid evidence that Californians can be talked into buying anything. ;~)

I have see that grass, Kentucky Blue, is seems so delicate.
Along the Texas coast we have St. Augustine aka carpet grass. When growing well an average yard's clippings will will easily fill a 45 gal contractors bag with each mowing.
https://www.google.com/search?q=st+augustine+grass&rlz 1CHUE_enUS575US575&espv=2&biw89&bihv1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=UP1yVemJG8iaoQSg-ILADg&ved AYQ_AUoAQ

On Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 10:03:09 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

I've heard that everything's bigger in Texas.
What's your definition of "an average yard"?
I grew up in NYC. I'll bet my definition is smaller than yours ;-)
On 6/6/2015 12:23 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

5,000~7000 sq ft. with a 2000 to 3500 sq feet of concrete sitting on it.
We used two tractors - one an over-sized mower by JD from JD sales floor not a box store... And a JD PTO front end loader/fine cut and 4' Hog cut mower for just about 3 hours today and got most of the yard. About 1/2 of it is St. Aug then there is Bahia (very tall V top grass) for most of the rest. We have about a dozen other types here. All wild with possibility the Bahia was for turning mud into grass or bailing for feed.
We had St Au blooming with the yellow flowers and maybe 12" (tall) thick.
We have had a great amount of rain so it grows. The town of St. Augustine lies maybe 30 miles to the east of us.
Martin