Re: Important parenting tips from Monty Python:

Page 1 of 2

<snip>
Is Terry Jones in the UK like George Carlin here? Funny about 20 years ago until he decided he was a great political thinker?
todd

It's not politics, it's ethics.
It's not ethics; it's satire. And, it's borderline funny.
Kevin
--
=====
Found: Iraqi WMDs! Please appear in person to claim!

Just take the word "political" out of the above sentence and you've got it.
djb

You're thinking of Dennis Miller.     j4

Carlin was at least a good comparison- he has become quite political, philosophical, and unfunny late in his career.
But since you brought him up, did Dennis Miller ever have an act that wasn't based on political humor? Not that I recall.
Neil
SNL and MNF.
Kevin
--
=====
Found: Iraqi WMDs! Please appear in person to claim!

Half-agree with you. I still find some of Carlin's routines funny. Yet I wonder if the root cause is we've *both* changed/aged? Gallagher's routines are wearing thin on me too these days.

These days, the funniest man I've heard is Ron White. His "I got kicked out of a bar" routine is just hilarious.
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:51:26 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"
......and in reply I say!:
Regardless of your wording, and politics, ethics etc, maybe he was not just trying to be funny!
Do you disagree with what he is saying?
I happen to think it is moderately amusing, and has something to say.

SNIP lots o' crap
I assume your son has not been recently involved in murdering innocent parishiners during choir practice that might heighten your concern regarding his after choir practice activities?
Dave Hall
"Parishiners"?
Kevin
--
=====
Found: Iraqi WMDs! Please appear in person to claim!
Kevin Singleton wrote:

Persons who distill the communion wine into brandy in the church basement?

--
--John
Aha! Thanks. Cleared that right up! :>)
"J. Clarke" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

I thought it was a person who polished things like the Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, etc. But I guess that would have two s's
--
Alex
J. Clarke wrote:

What you get for coming in late. |-8
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Either it was a typo - he mean parishriners. Two Fez, two vespas, beautifully choreographed... Or maybe he meant two bottles of this: http://www.shiner.com/home.html
When I moved to Pennsylvania, we drove through Ohio on the way up from Texas. We stopped at a restaurant (a chain, maybe Applebee's?), and I ordered a Shiner Bock. After about 5 minutes of repeating the order with decreasing speed and at an escalating volume and using my best attempts at sign language, the pimply-faced waiter finally understood my request, and asked, "What kind of vodka would you like?"
I ended up with a Bud Light. Damn yankees.
Kevin
--
=====
"patrick conroy" < snipped-for-privacy@conroy-family.net> wrote in message

That's OK - lemme' tell you about the time, shortly after I moved to Fort Worth, I ordered a Coke and she shot back "What kind?".
Swear-to-God, I was "ka-flumoxed" for 30 seconds. She knew I was from "up north" and enjoyed every second of my bewilderment!
That's the way it's done, back home. My favorite coke is Dr. Pepper!
Kevin
--
=====