Re: Doonesbury

Page 2 of 4

"Robatoy" wrote in message

So in your universe "I did a little Googling" and doing a search are not the same thing huh? You're not thinking this through, are you.

Let me get this straight. You jumped into this thread just to whine and snivel about how what a swine I am, and you did a Google search on me, but you maintain that *I* am the one who is upset?
At some level even you must understand why this is laughably unconvincing.

I haven't done *any* searches on you, sunshine, I couldn't care less where you post or who you argue with or anything else about you. All I need to know is you get kind of childish when someone mocks you online, and that's not something most grownups would want said about them, is it.

Again, Boytoy, you followed me to this thread, remember? So *logically* the guy who does web searches on people is probably the one with emotional issues, isn't he.

*Very* believable, you could probably fool almost any five-year-old with that line. But at least you've admitted that you're still pissed off over whatever it was I disagree with you about, that's progress of a sort.

You guys almost follow a script, don't you. You know, you guys who like to get into little flame wars online and who then react badly when it doesn't go like they wanted. You all do Google searches looking for something to use as a weapon, you all claim to be bored at some point (but you always come back again and again). Maybe it's a franchise and you have corporate rules to follow.

Neither big nor bad, Boytoy, you wouldn't have made a 3rd class trainee back in the old days of Usenet. Seriously, to get as cranky as you are over some petty disrespect in a newsgroup, that's really odd. Ways to get you? What is this, Grade Five?

Best thing you've come up with so far.

Funny how his few lines of comments has you writing whole paragraphs in response. Looks like your Last-word-itis affliction is approaching terminal.

I was not aware that I was standing in the shadow of an experienced Usenet flamer.
What a claim to fame.
Now explain to me how that makes you less of an asshole.
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Oh hardly, but I was around to see the really serious trolls do their work, so I developed a thick enough skin not to get all teary over someone flaming me. It's just pixels on a screen, to take it as personally as you are is, well, a bit odd. Maybe you were teased a lot at school when you were a kid or something and you never got over that.

Again, you're following me around calling me names, but you insist I'm the one who qualifies as an asshole--perhaps at some some the irony of that situation will occur to you.

There.. you had the last word. Happy Fuckface?
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:15:22 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Grow up and stop feeding the trolls.
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

..
Ya tinks heza troll?

No, you're not a troll. It's quite obvious that you suffer from a severe form of Last-word-itis. Last-word-itis sufferers have to have the final word either by typing online or in a spoken venue. Normally, Last-word-itis victims suffer from an excess of ego. That's certainly not true in your case. Your ego is so fragile that the only way you can bolster it is to have the last word everywhere. This assumed victory on your part is the only reason you haven't yet experienced a complete and total mental breakdown.
I commiserate with you. I too suffered from Last-word-itis, but my illness wasn't nearly as severe as yours. With the aid of a good woman, I was instructed in better uses for my fingers and my tongue. I approached this education with great zeal and shortly after she started teaching me, she pronounced me cured. I've since gone on to a Masters and then a Ph.D.
"Upscale" wrote in message

There's another Irony Meter shot to hell.

Yikes.
And yet here you are, after informing the world just days ago that you were done with me, here you are again, and with the added comic bonus of a lecture on how you no longer want to have the last word. Where else can one get this sort of entertainment for free?

Thanks for making my point.

LOL.. Devvy is looking for respect. He wants to be admired. Problem is, that the only way he seems to be able to elevate himself, is by standing on somebody..IOW, he tries and tries. NOW he's trying to pull rank by claiming to be the NON-PLUS-ULTRA Newsgroup dawg!
How insecure can one be?
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:53:35 -0800, "DGDevin"

alt.usenet.kooks
Perhaps you should mosey on over there, you could get mominated for an award!
Mark
"Markem" wrote in message

Advice from anonymous g-mail accounts--sorry--not worth much.

Are you really that dense? I was responding to your harshness and lack of sensitivity. Your words above. Being so cavalier must mean that you don't make mistakes like your hypothetical person above. That's where my rant came from. Hope you never have to deal with a similar situation.
On 2/17/2011 12:13 AM, Upscale wrote: <SNIP>

That was the most entertaining post in this thread. It made my night.
On 2/17/11 1:13 AM, Upscale wrote:

This is the wreck, the only time for sensitivity is when someone loses their shop dog.
The rest of the time we want stories about router accidents, kick back to the groin, and painted cherry.
--
Froz...

@gm.nospam.ail.com says...

And pukey ducks. Can't forget the pukey ducks.
On 2/17/11 10:15 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

--
Froz...

ROTFLMAO!
DGDevin wrote:

In my state, incarceration is way cheaper. In 2003, we paid $2.5 billion to lock up 148,000 inmates. That's a bit over $17,000 per inmate per year. Further, virtually all of the inmates are drug free upon release.

There are two national drug treatment facilities. One in Ft Worth, the other in Leavenworth. The BEST success rate for these national centers (drug-free after being released for one year) is six percent. Compare this to the 30% of released criminals who do not return to prison and you'll see that jail has a better outcome than treatment for addiciton.
Plus, putting people in prison for extended terms actually SAVES the taxpayer money in reduced crime.