Re: Aftermarket filter for Oneida cyclone?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:12:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I doubt it. the design was on the dumb side. way too much chance of plugging up the filter fast. Plus a bigger filter will let more air pass through.I would see if you can get the parts to make it into an external filter design.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
snipped-for-privacy@knight-toolworks.com wrote:

According to Oneida, the lifetime of the external filter is about two to three times that of the internal filter -- but it costs twice as much, too, and I'd have to buy some sheet-metal adapters before I could use it. So I doubt that I'd be saving much money, if any, over the long run, which of course is my primary objective in looking for alternate sources for the internal filter.