RayCo jointer

Hello. I'm new to this group.

I picked up an old RAYCO 6" three-knife jointer. It works well enough when tuned, but it's missing some of the springs under the knives and the Gib screws seem to have been replaced by someone who ground the ends to fit more or less. Knives aren't a problem. It can use the solid Delta 6" knife. However, for $50 it isn't bad.

Can anyone point me towards a parts supplier? Some appropriate replacements would help a lot. I would particularly like to replace the Gibs in the cutter head and the springs too.

Thanks, JD

Reply to
JD

AAvK

chippers. I found that site when I acquired the jointer. No response to email and no jointers on the site that I could find. The "industries" site has never loaded for me. Anyway, so far I haven't found a parts source. Thanks again,

JD

Reply to
JD

if the machine is one of the many delta clones out there, you should be able to match up parts from a taiwanese clone. grizzly is pretty good about parts, I think, and you can often get somebody on the phone there. you may need the services of a machinist if it turns out that the parts need to be modified a bit.

Reply to
bridgerfafc