Woodworking Design for Windows

Hey folks, have you seen that Gizmolab introduced Design Intuition for Windows? It's HOT! Under $200.00 and it runs really quick as well. Simple, easy to use, and does not have a great learning curve. I love this product and even though I am a beginner at using it, I can see it's going to save me some time on the projects that I want to work on. Check it out at

Best,

Mike

Reply to
docmurdock

Well, there's a non-biased report from someone with no direct interest in the product if I ever heard one.

todd

Reply to
todd

But he was so chatty and said "Hey folks". I thought he was just one of the guys! There goes my faith in humanity.

RicodJour

And he misspelled the URL. Or had a Freudian Moment.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

LOL, my money's on the latter.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

I'm still trying to figure out why they need my email address when I don't check that I want them to send me junk mail and can't download like it says.

Reply to
Guess who

Did you steal it?

Reply to
Leon

Entering the original poster's email address works.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Not sure if the originator of this thread is sincere or merely advertising - but I know a little about gizmolab's Design Inuition because I paid for my copy in person and met, talked with and toured the shop of the guy who wrote it.

The guy who came up with this app is a software guru AND woodworker who lives up in the Santa Cruz mountains (range of mountains between Santa Cruz/Pacific Ocean and Silly Cone Valley, home of Apple, Intel, AMD, Lockheed Martin and a NASA facility - the one with the HUGE FREAKIN' WIND TUNNEL.) Having one guy, and a woodworker at that, writing the application software, it's more coherent and intuitive than some of the CAD apps done by mini-mega software companies like AutoDesk, and more oriented towards woodworkers.

Design Intuition is a 3-D CAD app tailored to wood working. Like any CAD program, especially 3-D, there is a learning curve which can be moderately steep for anyone new to CAD. Even if you've got a handle on 2-D CAD, the jump to 3-D can take some time to learn. Since Design Intuition was developed on a Mac, and since Apple has always been known for having a User Friendly Interface (UFGUI), this app is a little more intutive to use than the WinDoze based CAD software.

I sort of collect Mac CAD software Design Workshop Lite

DrawingBoard
CADIntosh
PowerCADD (Engineered Software) and my favorite - primitive 2-D but I can make it whistle AND sing Aldus SuperPaint - version one '86-87 and last updated in '93. Adobe MicroSofted Aldus - bought 'em out and shelved their products - AND better ideas,

With Apple going to Intel processors, maybe the interface for WinDoze CAD apps will get more User Friendly Graphical User Interfaces YouFaGooey

Given the price tag of the CAD apps out there, $200 is a steal. And it does Cut Lists and IIRC, sheet layout.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

LOL^2, RicordJour, that's two. Check the thread, guys. RicordJour did that in his reply.

But I agree with the sense of others here. Sure looks self-promotional.

Reply to
alexy

As usual lately, it takes an old hand of the wREC to post something besides mere BS/conjecture.

Thanks, Charlie ... the software looks interesting and it's good to know its history/genesis is in woodworking. It's definitely worth a closer look now.

Reply to
Swingman

That is purely diabolical in its application of appropriate vengeance. I love it! Too bad the original poster's e-mail address is probably forged. Maybe entering the company's contact e-mail address would work.

Mark & Juanita

I make it a point to tweak spam-esque links when replying. No point in giving the guy additional traffic.

If the OP is trying to help out the Design Intuition guy, he should work on his presentation a bit. Charlie's post is worth fifty of the original spam-clone post.

RicodJour

DAMN - have my 60th coming up and was already beginning to get sensitive about "old". Now I'm an "old hand"? I'm shooting for Galoot - but the Cabal hasn't responded to my membership application.

Already have the sports car - my little white '91 Miata - with a REAL roll bar from Hard Dog (the one with the double diagonals) in Bethania SC.

check out the crash photos - not my Miata in any of them

Added fatter, slightly lower profile tires to compensate for the larger nice white powder coated wheels. Nothing like tooling down the highway on a crisp spring night, or early morning, in a little convertible - wind in your hair - figuratively speaking - (Had to grow a beard because I knew "head of hair" would be a thing of the past long before gray would make its appearance), stars shining and everything right with the world. Maybe should look into a parachute jump on my birthday. On second thought, I think I'll put the sea kayak on the roof rack and go ooking for some place to explore. It's fun sneaking up behind a duck in a Sharks teal 17' kayak and scaring the beejesus out of him - or her.

But right now it's back to finishing Rabbit Hutch No. 2 for the little girls on the corner so they can get the rabbits - and the rabbit smell - out of their house.

charile b

Reply to
charlie b

No, Richday only corrected what was supposed to be there.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

LMAO.....