Rali

Has anyone used a "Rali" brand of plane? I saw them advertised in the Hartsville calalogue and was wondering just how well they worked.
Thanks
Deb

Badly. They're expensive, and they're nasty.
There are two models, one with a folded steel sole, the other with a stacked and laminated sole. One is nasty, the other is worse.
Only good thing about them is that (for a price) they offer a carbide blade for the block plane. If you need to plane abrasive materials on a regular basis, this might be handy.
-- Do whales have krillfiles ?

I use the laminated bottom, block plane. Although I have several Stanley(and other) block planes, I find the Rali works better for my purposes. The blades are cheap enough(I buy a bunch at the WW show) and can be changed out and adjusted easier than the Stanleys. Just my 2 cents...
Larry
I like my Raly and have no problems with it. It is flat, sharp and easy to adjust. They are just different I think. Wally Grant
__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus
Remember, to leave WOODWORK-L, send SIGNOFF WOODWORK-L to snipped-for-privacy@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU
DON'T send it to WOODWORK-L-request ... that won't work!