Howe Tools - anyone used them?

They talk a good fight but are they OK?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Their reviews on Trustpilot (where they have a five star rating) go back to July 2018

On the site they say they accept Payment by Paypal. Do Paypal operate the same consumer protection outside of eBay as they do for eBay customers ?

They offer 24 hr delivery but quite possibly they might still be drop shipping direct from the manufacturers own warehouses rather than their own. They arrange collections of an returns so maybe deliveries similarly are collections from the manufacturers warehouse.

Rather than the "We hope you understand our decision not to advertise the location of our secure power tool warehouse." which they state on their website.

All of which would help keep costs down - no capital tied up in warehousing costs, labour, or inventory, and make them more competitive

Hence the Regent Street accommodation address.

Basically this is an operation which could be run with just a telephone and a computer from someone's back bedroom.

Along with a "Better Call Saul" type website. I wonder how much the guy in the picture holding the box was paid ?

michael adams

michael adams

A fiver is the going rate, from watching Dave Gorman.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

assets and liabilities about £161k, it's not what I would regard as needing a secure warehouse.

Some here probably have more toys in their shed :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Its almost certainly nothing more than a website that takes a 1% commission on tools warehoused and sold by other suppliers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not tried them personally, but if you are paying with a cc, then you have some protection from the cc company anyway, should it all go pear shaped.

Reply to
John Rumm

I ordered a Panasonic drill / impact driver from them a couple of years ago. It arrived the next day with no problems.

Reply to
Andrew May

My main concern was warranty returns.

As I understand it your contract is with the retailer.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

FTAOD:

yes, your contract is with the retailer and you have various rights under the law against the retailer; but

a warranty is something over and above your legal rights against the retailer that a manufacturer may - or may not - give you.

Reply to
Robin

I ordered a makita tool from the 5 years ago, no problems, but haven't ordered from them again, which implies they once did well in a price comparison search, but no longer do ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup, there is no legal requirement for the manufacturer to give you a warranty directly (they have no contract with you), however I have noted that many of the higher end brands will take on the responsibility from the retailer - presumably to not only protect their brand reputation, but also incentivise the retailers into stocking and promoting their products.

Reply to
John Rumm

Have this picture in the mind of a bunch of Inuit's with a feather in a headband holding up one hand and a speech balloon saying HOW.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)