Question sheet layout software

I have a one-time small project that will use about three sheets of plywood. It has a total of about 25 parts. Are you aware of any freeware or shareware that I could use? I can not justify buying such software for this project. Thanks.

Reply to
Nathan Gutman

For a "one-time small project", I'd use graph paper. I know there are others, but if you work fast (15 days) get a free download of TurboCAD,

Of coures, w/ any ap there is a learning curve, so again I am back to graph paper. HTH.

Reply to
Igor

Which of course there are freeware applications out there to print graph paper onto your printer

Cheers Ray

Reply to
Ray

Reply to
Nathan Gutman

Where's the free download? I see a trial version of TurboCad. Is that what you mean?

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

I can give you 2 web sites to check out the programs. However, the versions are for evaluation and may not give you enough rope to satisfy your needs. There is no time limit and you can use the evaluation programs all you want. Basically you are limited to the amount of pieces that can be used.

Take a look at

and
later IMHO is the better of the 2 at the moment and absolutely has the best upgrade policy if you decide to buy a copy. Both are reasonably priced in several different levels of need.

Reply to
Leon

When I was evaluating CutList Plus - I broke it up into Multiple projects to fit within the 5 item minium. My parts were good sized, yours may not be.

Reply to
mttt

Graph paper.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

No thanks. They want my address and they want to send me email notices (that I can unsubscribe but only after receiving them).

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Version 4 is at:

Rico

user

Reply to
CW

this should not be a problem. the address info is not validated, give them info that does not exist. go get a hotmail account and then delete it after you download.

anyway if you consider the 2 - 3 email they MIGHT send you as spam then you could filter them. this is a legite company and has been around for a long time.

BRuce

Dennis snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

Keep in mind that they are giving you the software to use in return, unlike those that just harvest email addresses off the internet...

irax.

Dennis snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net wrote:

Reply to
Iraxl Enb

Check out PLUS 2D - Panel Optimization Software from

If the demo version does not suffice, you may write to snipped-for-privacy@nirvanatec.com and they will optimize the job for you. shrikanth Nirvana Technologies.

Reply to
Shrikanth S

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:54:15 GMT, "CW" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

snip

Hey, i'd like to see that one myself,,,care to post it?

T.

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

It's a 3d solid modeling Cad program optimized to do solid modeling for the study of ballistic properties of vehicles and structures.

Description here:

haven't used it, but have known quite a few people who did. It has a steep learning curve and I don't know of anyone who uses it by choice.

The gummnt developed it so that contractors and their own people would have a Cad system tailered to their needs and they wouldn't have to deal with input form contractors in umpty zillion formats. When you are letting out multi mission dollar contracts, you can get the bidders to use your Cad system.

Rico

Reply to
Rico

Reply to