Kitchen Layout Software

Looking for a simple programme to layout units in new kitchens based on location of windows, doors etc. For example what sizes of units will fit in a given space.

Freeware or reasonably cheap. Any ideas?

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Have you considered this?

You can download a kicthen planner from ikea - see l> Looking for a simple programme to layout units in new kitchens based on

Reply to
blister72

most of the sheds and some builders merchants do free kitchen design, just measure the kitchen out and let them do the hard work!

Reply to
Dave Jones

Squared paper. Scissors. If you want to be fancy, cut the shapes from Post-It notes (ensuring each bit includes some of the sticky end).

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Thats a neat programme.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

The IKEA program is quite good - I downloaded it. What I forgot to mention is that this program is for a friend who makes cabinet units to fit along with the appliances so he really wants to be able to lay out the kitchen and get it approved by the owner prior to going ahead.

Thanks for all the replies to date and the suggestions - this is a very good group.

Slán

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Use a piece of paper and a pencil, I doubt whether anything else would be cheaper.

Reply to
Alan Holmes

The IKEA freebie gives you an idea of what the 3D viewing stuff will do. Of course it only accepts "their" units. Quite handy for giving an impression. But like Alan I still use paper.

Reply to
Newshound

Reply to
Benjamin Hyde