Software for patio layout

I would like to replace our patio with a wider, curved, version, using sandstone paving slabs that are available locally in three different widths. I intend mixing the slabs to produce a random effect.

I have tried working this out with pen and paper but it is driving me bananas. Can anyone recommend some software that will enable me to experiment with both the overall shape, and the layout of the slabs. This will be a one of job, so I am looking for something fairly quick, easy, and cheap, that will give me a rough idea of how many slabs of each size to order.

Many thanks!

Reply to
Roy Bean

I used Corel draw, and the 'snap to grid' feature.

Oherwise frankly, get a modelling kinfe and some colored cardboard, and make little model slates up and a big shet to be teh 'garden. amd just use blu tax to stick em down.

If youu haven't got a cirel draw n yer system, thats far and away the easiest.

In teh ned, I laid the last bit freehand :-) Somehow the patterns I had worked out at Her insistence were no longer the patterns She wanted.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
steve