floorplan layout software?

Does anyone know of any software (hopefully freeware) that allows me to draw a floor plan?

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Nospam

No, but if you go to Ebay, to computers, to softweare, and search on Floorplan, there's 61 pieces of software for sale at the moment. Looks like you can get *something* for $10 incl shipping...

Reply to
roger61611

Whatever you settle on, be sure it can export/import a design in EDIF or some other standard format.

Reply to
Stubby

I agree with the substantial benefits of being able to port to a common CAD file format, but EDIF isn't that common for CAD programs commonly associated with construction and residential design.

DXF are probably the two most common.

To the OP: if you Google freeware "floor plan" you'll find something to suit your needs.

RicodJour

Free and much more versatile than any home design software I've used (imsi, punch)

Get home design components here

JohnH

I'll bite. How can I download the component libraries? I can see the library preview screen but there's no "download" button. The program itself came across just fine.

Reply to
Stubby

scroll down, the download links are at the bottom of the page

Reply to
Brian V

Thanks!

Reply to
Stubby

You may also want to watch these great tutorials:

It really is a fun program.

Reply to
JohnH

yeah skecthup is very cool!

Reply to
me

This one used to be shareware. I don't know if it still runs after the 30 days.

If you send me your email address I can send you the older version.

fkozerski at comcast dot net.

Reply to
Frank K.