question about Delta CMS 36-075 pls

the rotating table binds & grates badly when moved (setting the angle). Obviously crap & corruption gets down the crack between the fixed mounting base & the center table. My question after reviewing the parts listing: does the center bear (thrust) entirely around it's perimeter or at the pivot bolt above the center of the casting. According the parts list there is no thrust or bearing washer illustrated between the 2 main castings, just the nylock nut, 2 flat washers & 1 wave washer which together comprise a sort of clutch underneath the fixed base. I been trying to polish the surfaces at the perimeter but in the end, 2 pieces of aluminum rubbing together do not a good bearing make! tia john

Reply to
john

That grinding noise is sickening.. If your Delta is like mine, it is a saw dust problem. I have tipped the saw up and blown it out with compressed air. My ball bearing detent also gets clogged and refuses to index automatically also. Once I get everything blown out I work the table back and forth several times and things loosen up. I follow that by another shot of a air and every thing is OK again for a while.

Reply to
Leon