Project for a neighbor

My neighbor has asked if I could help build a schnitzelbank. I DAGS and came up with most German pages referring to cuisine or a restaurant. What am I looking for, anybody?
    A "Schnitzelbank" is a drawing-horse, a bench that you can sit on while holding a drawknife or spokeshave while using your foot to operate a pedal to alternately clamp and release the workpiece. It is NOT a "hot-dog-bank".

See http://www2.mcdaniel.edu/Chemistry/WOOD/cgwkshps.htm which has pictures of various shaving horses. It also uses the term schnitzelbank on this site.
There are also references to a schnitzelbank as a sausage board, but it is more likely that some sort of fixture for use with a drawknife is what he has in mind.

Thomas Kendrick wrote:

Well, there you have it. Suggest you ask your neighbor how big a sausage he wants on his schnitzelbank. If he looks at you funnier than usual, grab the plans for the shaving horse and get busy<g>

http://www.fuzzy.com/tooninfo/animaniacs/schnitzelbank.htm "... Yes, "Schnitzelbank" is an old German folk song, and it's fairly ... Ist das nicht dein schnitzelbank? (Isn't that your carving bench?) ..."
Thanks guys, I was really starting to wonder if I needed to butcher something to complete a materials list. Knothead

Knothead wrote:

You're prolly looking for a dumbhead style shavehorse. Really. OTOH, you'd better make him an extra long chest board too, just in case...
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work