Pro Tech Bandsaw

There is an auction near me that has a Pro Tech Bandsaw as an item I have never heard of that brand. Can anyone inform me about them. Are they a POS or only good for boat anchors? Or is the machine is good (very good)? Somewhere in between ? Thanks for any and all advice. Larry

Reply to
larry in cinci

This is Protech's bandsaw:

my area, they sell for less than $100 new.

Reply to
AL
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

It's cheap & nasty....don't pay more than $75 for it if you have to buy it.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Which means it could go for $10 or $200 at auction.

I've seen people do funny things at auctions.

Reply to
Mark

The general consensus seems to be to avoid any bandsaw that is less than 14"

9" bandsaws are rather ordinary, even the name branad ones. Go for a 14" or larger manufactured by a good company and you will thank yourself later.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Infinity Router Bits

- Incra Wonder Fence

- Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener

- Miller Dowel System

- Robert Sorby Woodturning Chisels

Woodman

OK for building model airplanes, and cutting pen blanks. Not much power or accuracy, but handy away from my big shop with the real 29 inch bandsaw.

Reply to
Morgans