PRL router lift

I have purchased a PRL router lift and a PC 7518.

Now I need to make a router table to suit the combination. I am starting with the table top and am figuring on using two sheets of 3/4" MDF with laminate on both sides.

Question is that 2x(3/4) == 1.5" thick top. I was hoping that the PRL would indicate what range of table top thickness is acceptable. One recommendation I have from an Incra manual is to make the top form a single

3/4" piece of plywood -- which seems kind of thin to me

Ok so the question is for anyone with a PRL out there -- what table thickness do you have and do you think a 1.5" thick table top would cause any issues with the PRL

Cheers Eric

Reply to
eric

Seems to me it shouldn't matter. You make a recess in the MDF that's the same size as the plate and the required depth for the thickness of the plate. Next you make a clear hole in the MDF that's 1/4"ish less than the opening required for the insert. If the insert is designed correctly you should have the full range of the insert. In other words, your top can be 3" thick and it wouldn't matter.

At least that's the way it is with the JessEm.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Eric,

I've got a PRL & 7518 mounted in a 1.5" thick top - 2 layers of 3/4" MDF with laminate on top only. It's perfect, and having laminate on the bottom wouldn't change that (although I'm not sure why it's necessary). It's a fantastic setup. I hope you also bought the $10 template for routing the cutout; it will make the difference between a good installation and a perfect one.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Fairleigh

Mike, Thanks for the info -- and thanks to all the other folks that chimed in.

I bought the template for routing the whole -- figured I was in for $500 might as well go for another $10 ;)

I also bought a twin linear from incra -- can't wait to get the whole thing going. I'll post pics when I am done

Cheers to All Eric

Reply to
eric

Do you (or anyone else know) for certain the radius of the out side corners on the JessEm/Jointech/Anne Rockler "Action" Jackson lifts?

UA100, who will resort to trial and error for the final fit if need be but thought he'd *axe* anyway...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

OK, so we can quit playing this game of ping pong, how?

UA100, who is gen-you-whine-lee kurious...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Perhaps. For $10 I can save some setup time and have no question about the outcome.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Fairleigh