Pretty pretty cherry (w/link to pic)

Dear All,

I am busy clearing out my garage lumber rack and moving everything to the basement to make room for the 400BF of hard maple that will be showing up next week for a kitchen I am making.

I knew these boards were in the pile, but I had not seen them recently.

strong memory I have of high school shop is looking at a rough board, and seeing that board all by itself as being a very pretty thing. Not that it could be made into this or that, but all by itself, this board was something to admire. No one I knew at the time got it, and in fact, most thought I was quite strange for thinking that a board all by itself could be beautiful. I know I cannot be the only person who feels this way.

The boards are 14" wide with just a little sap wood on each edge and 10 feet long, I paid $1.00 CDN per board foot (about $0.70 USD) for the cherry, and there is lots more than these three boards...

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

You're not the only one ... I sometimes have to force myself to cut a board.

You do suck, you know!

Reply to
Swingman
[snip]

David, I think most of this list feels the same as you do.

I've got some cherry that came from a tree in my mom's and grandparents yard (neigbors). I have not a clue what to make from it but it has to be something special. You are saving that cherry for something special too.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I'm with you. Made a large built in chest of drawers starting with rough cherry and there were boards too nice to cut. What I usually do is scan a few of them so I've got "wildcherry.jpg," "spalted.jpg," etc. for texturemaps, and they're the files I'd most hate to lose.

Reply to
BUB 209