pretty and dangerous

I just learned that the "lucky bamboo" we have at the office is also poisonous. There is a photo of a "lucky bamboo" here:

isn't really a bamboo either.

Reply to
false_addy

I guess that means you'd better stop munching on the office plants.

Do you think maybe your boss was trying to send you a message about munching on the plants by putting that one near you?

Reply to
Warren

Its Dracaena sanderiana, a species from western Africa.

It isn't a bamboo at all nor does it have anything to do with the orient other than it is a weedy species in the tropics and has become a pest in Thailand.

The whole "lucky bamboo" is a scam they concocted to sell the plants to naive westerners.

It isn't deadly toxic but, it isn't edible either. It is not dangerous but it is worthless.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......