Porter Cable CPF23400S compressor confusion

This compressor seems to be a rebrand of the Campbell Hausfeld-- in fact, if you go to the Home Depot site, if you search for the PC CPF23400S, they show a picture of the CH unit. If you go to the PC site, the CPF23400S is painted red and doesn't have the tank pressure gauge on the control panel (the CH has tank PSI and outlet PSI gauges on the panel). So with both models being called out as the PC CPF23400S, I assumed the only differences between the CH and PC versions were cosmetic.

However, the spec sheet I found at HD for the CH version are quite different from the ones PC lists at their site. The CH specs claim

6.2 SFCM@90 PSI, max. pressure of 150 PSI, and a weight of 78 lbs. The PC specs claim 5.3 SFCM@90 PSI, max. pressure of 135 PSI, and a weight of 66 lbs.

Does anybody know anything about this?

On another note, I'd love to hear from anyone who has used one of the new PC C3150 or C3151 (a C3150 with wheels/telescoping handle) compressors. A previous post mentioned that they were re-branded DeVilbiss compressors.

Reply to
ttokita

I have a CFP23400S. It matches the PC specs you found on their web site. I don't know what the situation with the CH model is, though, sounds like it's substantially different (would have to be a heavier duty tank and more powerful pump, essentially a different unit).

Reply to
Kevin P. Fleming